Freediving Basic (pool only)
Freediving Basic is your chance to get wet and experience what basic freediving is all about. Signing up for a Basic Freediving course is a great way to decide whether getting a freediving certification is right for you.
This is nothing short of awesome! Find out more here!
Learn the necessary skills and knowledge to partake in the recreational sport of Freediving (Breath-hold diving) in a safe and enjoyable manner and achieve the following performance standard:
- Dynamic swimming for 30 meters
- SWB Rescue, LMC Surface Rescue
- The equipment for free diving, its importance and how to select the correct pieces to suit you
- The physiology of freediving is key to understanding how your body reacts and performs in the underwater environment
- Breathing and breathing techniques and breathing training – you’ll be surprised by how much you improve
- The correct in-water techniques for executing a dive
- Effective fining techniques and streamlining for efficiency
- The value of and how to effectively dive with a buddy
- Dive planning and emergency management
- An understanding of water conditions and the marine environment as they relate to freediving
During the course you will get lots of time to practice your breathing techniques and diving skills too.
You will learn and practice
- Dynamic (horizontal swimming)
- Duck dive
- Fun dive – simply explore the reef showing off your new mermaid like skills
The course includes all the elements required for completion: a library copy of the SSI Freediving level 1 Manual, internationally recognized SSI Basic Freediving certification card, full equipment hire and boat fees, high quality instruction from experienced and qualified instructors, tea, coffee, water and light refreshments on the boat as well as free WiFi, Tea, coffee and water in the dive centre too.
- ₱ 8, 500.00
- one day
- 1 theory lesson
- min. 2 pool session
- 10 years old or above
- This course can be started any day